I really dislike resumes, probably just as much as you dislike reading them. However, they are a necessary evil, and so.. here goes..
- Evaluated small business’s entire chain of customer experience from the social media sites and online websites to buying experience.
- Applied findings into a personalized social media and online presence plan for their particular business needs/budget and customer demographic.
- Monitor and maintain multiple social media accounts, including Facebook pages for optimal outreach and customer experience to increase name recognition and customer participation.
Social Media Director, Gelato, http:ge.la.to , Austin, Texas 2009-2010
- Created social media content for Facebook, Twitter, and company blog.
- Increased company online presence through content marketing.
- Utilized and networked with bloggers for SEO promotion and social networking promotion.
- Researched complex medical information and testimonies.
- Wrote informative online articles on research in easy to understand language for quick reference among the food allergy community.
- Facilitated SEO campaigns, and other online presences to increase the SEO of the above sites which are currently in the top 4 results when searching for corn-free or corn intolerance.
- Co-Organized online social media campaigns to raise awareness for food allergies.
- Maintained websites and monitored comments for optimal user experience, ease of use, and community building.
- Maintain social media outreach through Twitter and Facebook, miscellaneous forums, and blogs.
Advisor/Mentor Food Allergy Sufferers, Delphi Forums-Avoiding Corn. 2005-2010
- Mentored persons new to food allergies on lifestyle changes, and social complications.
- Researched food ingredients and helped guide food allergy sufferers on avoiding potentially deadly products or ingredients.
Group Critique Facilitator, Austin Writers, Austin, Texas. 2008-2009
- Proofread and edited copy for local writers preparing their work for submission to publication
- Facilitated critique sessions focusing on the improvement of writing skills of various genres.
Social Networking Coordinator, Wives Club, Austin Writers, Austin, Texas. 2008
- Organized and hosted events for small groups of club members (15-30 people).
- Facilitated conversations and introductions to aid in the development of social bonds and community building.
Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician, Walgreen’s, Round Rock, Texas 2001-2004
- Provided customer service in a fast-paced and demanding work space.
- Achieved promotion to Senior Pharmacy Technician, adding responsibilities of maintaining inventory, ordering, customer dispute resolution, quality control, and training new hires.
- Learned new proprietary software systems and inputted proper data in a fast-paced customer oriented work space.
Global Account Customer Relations Representative, Lanier Worldwide, Oakbrook, Illinois. 2000
- On-site liaison between Lanier and Fortune 500 client maintaining a great client relationship through customer service, maintenance, and sales.
- Trained multiple groups of 5-15 client personnel on various office equipment usage, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Computer Technician/Technical Support/Training Development, Micro R&D, Inc., Loup City, Nebraska. 1999
- Aided clients in working through computer technical issues, troubleshooting, and training.
- Created training guide for tech support staff providing easy reference to common issues and troubleshooting strategy.
- Repaired, built, and troubleshooted computers based on customer needs and budget concerns.
Freelance Instructional Designer/Consultant. Kearney, Nebraska. 1999
- Designed a training program on software education (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for a class of 15-20 adults: organized materials, designed syllabus, coached instructor on public speaking, assisted classroom facilitation, and evaluated instructors classroom performance for improvements.
University of Nebraska at Kearney, Kearney, Nebraska
Organizational Communication: Business Development and Training
Bachelors Degree 1998
- Facebook (individual & pages)
- HTML (moderate)
- Hootsuite and more.
- Austin Social Media Club
- SXSWi 2010
- Austin Internet Marketing Meetup
- Austin Content Marketing Group
- Austin WordPress Group